Friday, January 23

Josh Pregnant???

The last several Monday nights, Josh and I have been attending a Labor and Birth class through GrandView Hospital. I've been especially looking forward to the evening when the 'empathy belly' comes out. So, camera on hand, I and our childbirth instructor were able to capture some fun pictures of Josh, with a 35 pound pregnant belly on.

The first thing they put on is actually a band around the chest.

It's supposed to help the husband feel the lung constriction.

Josh actually said that this was the most annoying thing.
Strutting his pregnant self

I especially liked the 'maternity clothes' they gave him to wear.
It reminded me of the smocks you had to wear in elementary art class.

I think I'm still bigger!

For some reason,
Josh was the only one in the class that tried it on!
It was pretty hilarious seeing him with this on, but let me tell you, nothing could compare to wearing it for nine months.
Then, maybe, I'll call it an empathy belly.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Yeah the holidays kept me really busy with family and such, I think my blog just fell by the side. I am still blogging, I don't have up my own site yet. When I do get it up I hope to continue blogging.

I love seeing your photos of the nursery and Josh "pregnant". They were so fun.

Ryan, Missy, Riley and Ava said...

Good for you, Josh! Ryan wouldn't do it, even though I told him he should. :)

I'm so excited for you guys... just a couple weeks left! We're praying lots and can't wait to meet Baby Behe!!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!! Too funny! Josh is a REALLY good sport. Aaron says there is no way he would have put that thing on! : )

--Debbie